General procedures for guéridon Service
- Guéridon service is essentially a chef and commis service. There must therefore be complete liaison and teamwork between them and the other members of the team.
- Always push the guéridon, never pull it. This helps to control and steer the guéridon in the right direction and avoid accidents.
- The guéridon should be kept in one position for the service of the complete course and not moved from customer to customer.
- Guéridon service requires that the service spoon and fork are used in separate hands. This gives more control and makes the service quicker.
- The dish must be presented to the customer or announced prior to carrying out the service.
- When transferring foods and liquids from the service flats and dishes to the plates, always run the fork along the underside of the spoon to avoid drips marking the plate.
- The commis waiter must always keep the guéridon clear of dirty items and deliver hot plates when required.
Permanent link to this article: http://fandbtraining.net/advanced-service/gueridon-serivce/practical-info/procedures-and-considerations/